Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to connect a wifi device to Orbi RBK22 that only uses 2.4 ghz band

jeffjunkyard
Follower

How to connect a wifi device to Orbi RBK22 that only uses 2.4 ghz band

I have the Orbi RBk22 home wifi system i am trying to connect my Treager gril to the wifi through the Traegar app on my phone for remote control of my grill.  The grill only uses the 2.4 ghz band but i cant get it to connect through my phone i have a Galaxy Note 10.  On the Orbi app on my phone it says my phone is connected to the satellite on the 2.4 ghz band but sometimes bounces to the 5ghz band.  Does anybody know how i can connect this to the right band so i can use it properly?

Message 1 of 2
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: How to connect a wifi device to Orbi RBK22 that only uses 2.4 ghz band

Try this method which works for most IoT devices that require your smart phone to also be on the 2.4GHz frequency to configure their WiFi.

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the Orbi network.
2. Enter orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 (IP address of your router's LAN port).
3. The login window opens, enter username "admin" and the password that you configured for your router.
4. Click Advanced tab > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.
5. Uncheck the box "Broadcast SSID" for the 5GHz frequency and click Apply to save the settings.
6. Confirm that your smartphone is connected to the 2.4GHz frequency. If it is still connected to the 5GHz frequency, then "Forget" the WiFi network for your SSID, then reconnect to it and enter your SSID password. Now your smartphone should be on the 2.4GHz frequency.
7. Try connecting your IoT device to the Orbi network per its setup instructions.
8. If it works, re-enable the broadcast SSID option for the 5GHz frequency.
9. On your smartphone, turn WiFi off and back on again and it should reconnect to the strongest signal.
10. If your smartphone did not reconnect to the 5GHz frequency, then "Forget" the WiFi network again for your SSID, then reconnect to it and enter your SSID password.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7