Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to connect to 5Ghz on Orbi RBk12

Sagar21
Follower

How to connect to 5Ghz on Orbi RBk12

Actually my product is RBR10|Orbi AC1200 but I cannot find in Model.

My question is how can force connect a device to 5 Ghz band.

When I connect my smart TV to Orbi70 wireless it is 2.4Ghz and lowers speed to 40 Mbps. At same location my phone is connected to 5Ghz Orbi70 with speeds of 140 Mbps.

Since Orbi does not show 2 separate bands how can I connect to faster band and second is will I ever know if I am connected to satellite or main router?  Does the client seamlessly connect to router & satellite and chose band automatically?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: How to connect to 5Ghz on Orbi RBk12

@Sagar21 wrote:

Actually my product is RBR10|Orbi AC1200 but I cannot find in Model.

My question is how can force connect a device to 5 Ghz band.

When I connect my smart TV to Orbi70 wireless it is 2.4Ghz and lowers speed to 40 Mbps. At same location my phone is connected to 5Ghz Orbi70 with speeds of 140 Mbps.

Since Orbi does not show 2 separate bands how can I connect to faster band and second is will I ever know if I am connected to satellite or main router?  Does the client seamlessly connect to router & satellite and chose band automatically?

Unfortunately you cannot force the TV to connect to 5G. It is more than likely connecting to 2.4G because it does not have a strong 5G signal.

Some people suggest turning down 2.4G, but I feel it defeats the entire purpose of strong WIFI.

Depending on what model TV you have, you can go into setup and reset the network, forget the network, or reset the TV. This may help, especially if the TV was previously connecting to 2.4G. Whenever we lose power and all the devices reconnect, my Vizio connects 2.4G, I have to soft reset the TV and rejoin the WIFI network to get 5G back

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7