Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to control Orbi from away?

jschwalbe
Initiate

How to control Orbi from away?

I'm a switcher. Previously using Google WiFi (sick of the lack of customizability). There are a few things I miss though.

1. Controlling the network settings from off-network. With the Google App, I could change settings from another state (i.e. turn on port forwarding so I could connect to a service back home). I haven't figured out if that possible with Orbi. Is there a way to change network setting from off-network?

2. The iOS app seems... lacking. My chief complaint about Google WiFi was that I was forced to configure everything from the app.. now I'm a bit sad that the orbi app is basically worthless. Am I missing anything?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ukwildcat4life7
Aspirant

Re: How to control Orbi from away?

you need to download the netegear genie app to your IOS device and that will allow you to do a lot of things remotely.... just make sure you are connected to your home network when you first set up the netgear genie app; once you get into the interface of the genie app you will need to enable remote management and you also need to enable remote management within the Orbi's web GUI as well...........also you can access the full web GUI if you set up DDNS.......I use both the genie app and log into my Orbi's GUI via web interface when away from home remotely via DDNS.....hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ukwildcat4life7
Aspirant

Re: How to control Orbi from away?

you need to download the netegear genie app to your IOS device and that will allow you to do a lot of things remotely.... just make sure you are connected to your home network when you first set up the netgear genie app; once you get into the interface of the genie app you will need to enable remote management and you also need to enable remote management within the Orbi's web GUI as well...........also you can access the full web GUI if you set up DDNS.......I use both the genie app and log into my Orbi's GUI via web interface when away from home remotely via DDNS.....hope that helps.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7