Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable all WiFi Bluetooth Air Signals on Orbi Voice w/ Amazon Alexa? AC3000 (RBK50V)

YogaMan
Follower

How to disable all WiFi Bluetooth Air Signals on Orbi Voice w/ Amazon Alexa? AC3000 (RBK50V)

Can I disable all WiFi / Bluetooth / Any Air Signals and just use direct connect Ethernet? Will I loose any features?

Thank You

Model: RBK50V — Orbi Mesh WiFi System with Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
fverbist
Aspirant

Re: How to disable all WiFi Bluetooth Air Signals on Orbi Voice w/ Amazon Alexa? AC3000 (RBK50V)

seems it was not my Orbi voice after all

followed instructions here (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/How-to-set-a-separate-SSID-for-the-5-GHz-network-on-your-Orbi/...) and named my 2.4 & 5Ghz networks.

So far it seems to be working much better

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Re: How to disable all WiFi Bluetooth Air Signals on Orbi Voice w/ Amazon Alexa? AC3000 (RBK50V)

@YogaMan wrote:

Can I disable all WiFi / Bluetooth / Any Air Signals and just use direct connect Ethernet? ......

Not using normal configuration but you can disable wifi interfaces on the node using telnet commands.

@YogaMan wrote:

....... Will I loose any features?

You will just loose the wireless connectivity to the Satellite so it will not be part of your mesh network!

Message 2 of 4
fverbist
Aspirant

Do you have a link to any documentation on that?

I have a feeling that my Orbi Voice is messing up with my wifi setup... 

Tried to put it on ethernet to take backhaul out of the equation, still poor wifi performance

Turned it off and my Orbi setup is cool again.

Message 3 of 4
fverbist
Aspirant

seems it was not my Orbi voice after all

followed instructions here (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/How-to-set-a-separate-SSID-for-the-5-GHz-network-on-your-Orbi/...) and named my 2.4 & 5Ghz networks.

So far it seems to be working much better

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7