Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to disable auto-update firmware | is KKBox still available in latest firmware update?

Jwardhana
Aspirant

How to disable auto-update firmware | is KKBox still available in latest firmware update?

Hi,

I have RBK50V package, Orbi router (RBR50 firmware V2.5.1.8) with Orbi voice satellite (RBS40V firmware V2.3.6.4). I would like to make music service provider KKBox available for my Orbi Voice. From understanding, the kkbox option is only available in Orbi Voice Firmware V2.3.5.14? (correct me if i'm wrong), upon downgrading the firmware, my Orbi Voice satellite keeps on updating firmware automatically back to V2.3.6.4. Can anyone please advise the way to disable firmware auto-update? 

Secondly, i would like to know why KKbox has been excluded from the latest firmware update? (V2.3.6.4)

Regards,

Jimmy

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to disable auto-update firmware | is KKBox still available in latest firmware update?

Something to contact NG support about.

@Blanca_O 

@Jwardhana wrote:

Hi,

I have RBK50V package, Orbi router (RBR50 firmware V2.5.1.8) with Orbi voice satellite (RBS40V firmware V2.3.6.4). I would like to make music service provider KKBox available for my Orbi Voice. From understanding, the kkbox option is only available in Orbi Voice Firmware V2.3.5.14? (correct me if i'm wrong), upon downgrading the firmware, my Orbi Voice satellite keeps on updating firmware automatically back to V2.3.6.4. Can anyone please advise the way to disable firmware auto-update? 

Secondly, i would like to know why KKbox has been excluded from the latest firmware update? (V2.3.6.4)

Regards,

Jimmy

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jwardhana

KKBOX service should still be working using the latest firmware (v2.3.6.4).

Is there any error message when you use KKBOX service when Orbi Voice is on the latest firmware? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
Jwardhana
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

Thanks for getting back. If it is available, is it meant to show up in the Orbi app? Because it is not showing up.

Regards,

Jimmy

Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jwardhana

KKBOX service is only available to users in Taiwan, HongKong, Macao, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia. May I please know your location/country? I'll check this with the team. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Jwardhana
Aspirant

Hi Blanca, I’m currently located in Macao. KKBox is available for download from the Apple App Store, but some reason it is not showing in the Orbi app.

Regards,

Jimmy
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@Blanca_O 

@Jwardhana wrote:
Hi Blanca, I’m currently located in Macao. KKBox is available for download from the Apple App Store, but some reason it is not showing in the Orbi app.

Regards,

Jimmy

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7