Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable google assistant from a netgear account

JAP66
Aspirant

How to disable google assistant from a netgear account

I have recently enabled the use of my google assistant to interact with and control my Orbi network using only my voice.

However, I want to disable such feature from my google assistant without success.

Any suggestions on how to disable such feature?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to disable google assistant from a netgear account

(Caveat: I have not enabled Google  Assistant, and probably never will)

Searching the forum for "Google Assistant" brought up instructions for how to link it to the Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBK-23-AC2200-Google-Assistant-The-Netherlands/m-p/172604... 

A key step appears to be entering the Netgear account name and password.  Seems to me that if you change the password, then Google Assistant will no longer be able to access the Orbi.  If you try this, please report if it worked as expected (or not).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

(Caveat: I have not enabled Google  Assistant, and probably never will)

Searching the forum for "Google Assistant" brought up instructions for how to link it to the Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBK-23-AC2200-Google-Assistant-The-Netherlands/m-p/172604... 

A key step appears to be entering the Netgear account name and password.  Seems to me that if you change the password, then Google Assistant will no longer be able to access the Orbi.  If you try this, please report if it worked as expected (or not).

Message 2 of 3
JAP66
Aspirant

It worked like a charm...!!!

Thanks so much for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation