Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to enable multiple SSID's (2.4 and 5Ghz)

Steve_Conner
Follower

How to enable multiple SSID's (2.4 and 5Ghz)

Hi All,

Recently purchased the Orbi AC3000 hole home system with 2 salellites (sold on Amazon as a kit for 7000 sq ft home).  Still using my cable modem router so the system is setup in AP mode.  Strong backhaul signal to all satellites.  Here is my problem... my iPAd pro keeps dropping from 5ghz to 2.4 and the performace is terrible on 2.4 . Signal strength never waivers from full bars on the ipad and this never happened on my old setup.  Tried Netgear support - useless - will not answer my requests for help.  So before returning this product does anyone have a way to lock specific devices to specific radios?  Next possible way is to enable multiple SSID' but then Im back to my old setup and I did not need to spend $600 to have the same seutp.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to enable multiple SSID's (2.4 and 5Ghz)

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try the following:

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chaing and Fast Roaming and IPv6 on the router to test.

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...
Change the CTR/RTS threshold values for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble.

MESH systems are designed for single SSID names and PW and automatic assignment of devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7