Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to expand legacy RBR50/RBS50 system?

jetter2
Tutor

How to expand legacy RBR50/RBS50 system?

Hey Gang,

I currently have a RBR50/RBS50 setup and am happy (as can be, despite system limitations) as can be with it.  

My question is - how do I add onto the system?  Are the RBR and RBS nodes interchangeable from a personality standpoint,  or can I ONLY add RBS nodes?  The Orbi System are in AP-Mode Only as all my routing is handled by my firewall - these are simply APs. 

With the RBR50 line being discontinued, what is my best option to add additional sattelites to the network?  I don't mind buying something used off eBay. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can add RBS's or RBWs or RBSY units to the system. RBR can not be used as RBSs. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You can add RBS's or RBWs or RBSY units to the system. RBR can not be used as RBSs. 

Message 2 of 4
jetter2
Tutor

Would these nodes work as a sattelite?  I just power on and it would connect up like my current sattelite? 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The process of adding satellites is the same. Press the sync button on the RBR then on the satellite to add them. 

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7