Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to get stats on orbi using telnet command

sypderman88
Follower

How to get stats on orbi using telnet command

Hi,

Just to share I am using in AP mode (firmware 1.5.0,12). Has been reliable for past few days and these are steps to monitor various stats for backhaul, 2.4ghz and 5ghz client on router and sat which I think is useful. Notice these stats are updated in realtime as I have tested by moving the client or orbi around.

1) Enable telnet on router and sat by enable telnet on web management e.g

e.g. 192.168.1.x/debug.htm

2) Use a telnet client such as putty to telnet to router or router 

3) Once telnet to router

- type following command at console

wlanconfig ath2 list stat     -> this only works on router. Will list down backhaul stastistics.

wlanconfig ath0 list stat     -> list down 2.4ghz client stats

wlanconfig ath1 list stat     -> list down 5ghz client stats

4) You can telnet to sat to use these commands

wlanconfig ath0 list stat     -> list down 2.4ghz client stats

wlanconfig ath1 list stat     -> list down 5ghz client stats

Sample of stats recorded :

ADDR AID CHAN TXRATE RXRATE RSSI MINRSSI MAXRSSI IDLE TXSEQ RXSEQ CAPS ACAPS ERP STATE MAXRATE(DOT11) HTCAPS ASSOCTIME IEs MODE PSMODE
a0:40:a0:66:f6:28 1 108 1300M 1300M 36 31 47 0 0 65535 EPs 0 b 0 AWPSM 15:09:21 RSN WME IEEE80211_MODE_11AC_VHT80 0

I have tranfserred few hundred gigabyte of data to stress the wireless backhaul (my backhaul is around 420Mbps stable) and it has been rock stable. The router and sat are located 1 floor apart.

I have also prevented the autoupdate by setting a wrong gateway address at router end and block access to netgear public ip:216.151.177.114

So far autoupdate has not occurred for past 3 days.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
OrbiMan
Luminary

Re: How to get stats on orbi using telnet command

I was wondering myself those things Thank you. Do you know how to expose the WPA key for backhual? Maybe we could directly connect to it
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7