Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to separate 2.4 and 5ghz Orbi RBR750 WiFi

JMM2700
Initiate

How to separate 2.4 and 5ghz Orbi RBR750 WiFi

Trying to connect some smartplugs to the new Orbi RBR750 system I got at Costco the other week.  Realized they only connect to 2.4ghz system.  Been trying to follow some previous post about how to separate 2.4 and 5 onto a guess network.  Havent had any luck yet.  Any suggestions or step by step instructions will help, and by instructions I mean steps my grandfather could follow.  Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to separate 2.4 and 5ghz Orbi RBR750 WiFi

Be sure to post about any Orbi AX model questions and help over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Separation of SSID on Orbi systems is not supported. Not supported on Orbi AX.

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: How to separate 2.4 and 5ghz Orbi RBR750 WiFi

@JMM2700 wrote:

Trying to connect some smartplugs to the new Orbi RBR750 system I got at Costco the other week.  Realized they only connect to 2.4ghz system.  Been trying to follow some previous post about how to separate 2.4 and 5 onto a guess network.  Havent had any luck yet.  Any suggestions or step by step instructions will help, and by instructions I mean steps my grandfather could follow.  Thanks so much.

It is usually possible to setup 2.4Ghz devices even when the SSID is shared with 5Ghz.  Just find a way that does not rely upon a phone app and does nor reuse the phone's wireless connection credentials (usually 5Ghz).  These devices often support alternative methods of setup than reusing the phone's wireless connection, e.g., manually selecting the SSID from a list provided by the device, by connecting the phone to them, by using Bluetooth, etc.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7