Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to set Xyzel router (model VWG4825-B10A) to bridge mode

jtraver
Follower

How to set Xyzel router (model VWG4825-B10A) to bridge mode

I have set up my Orbi and it is working fine, however my Zyxel Router from my internet company is still broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal.  I assume I need to change the outer to work in Bridge mode.  There are 3 setting (ADSL, VDSL and ETHWAN).  Does anyone know which should be set to brisdge mode?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to set Xyzel router (model VWG4825-B10A) to bridge mode

@jtraver wrote:

There are 3 setting (ADSL, VDSL and ETHWAN).  Does anyone know which should be set to brisdge mode?

It appears this router can be used with different internet connections. Perhaps if you supply the exact model number, we can look at the User Manual and help you log into the router and find the correct setting.  (Or, you could call the Internet Service Provider and ask them how to set it into bridge mode.  They get this kind of call frequently and may even offer to log in and do it for you.)

Bridge mode is the goal because it enabled Orbi applications that cannot function behind another router.

Simply removing the Xyzel WiFi signal can probably be done no matter what "mode" the router is in.  Most ISP routers have an option to disable the WiFi.  Some even have an external button (but that is rare these days.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh, geez.  the model number was in the Title.  "My Bad"

Sorry.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Page 19 of the User Manual indicates that front panel lights will indicate which type of ISP service is conneced:

https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1036325873.pdf 

Page 85 shows how to disable the two WiFi channels.  I would start with that first.  Have not yet located "bridge" mode.  (It may be called something else.)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7