Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to set up wired back haul?

Kopol
Aspirant

How to set up wired back haul?

Hi, I just purchased RBK50 today. I have successfully set it up with wireless backhaul in ACCESS POINT mode. I have not been able to set up wired backhaul. Once I connect the LAN wire to the satellite disappears from the connected satellite list. What is the procedure to do this? Incidentally, the main and satellite are connected to my Cisco RV345 router. Thank you,
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: How to set up wired back haul?

Since you already have a wireless backhaul, the backhaul should change to wired once you connect the cables.

It seems that the Cisco router is doing something that affects this. Is it possible to connect them directly or through a simple switch to test?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to set up wired back haul?

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

For wired back haul:
Set up IP address reservations for each satellite and devices on the router as you add them to the router. The satellites need to be set up via wireless first. Then connect 1 satellite at a time to the ethernet LAN cable. Wait 5 minutes and the top led on the satellite should turn on BLUE. Set up an IP address reservation for the 1st satellite. Continue to do the same thing for the 2nd satellite. Then follow up with your devices.

@Kopol wrote:
Hi, I just purchased RBK50 today. I have successfully set it up with wireless backhaul in ACCESS POINT mode. I have not been able to set up wired backhaul. Once I connect the LAN wire to the satellite disappears from the connected satellite list. What is the procedure to do this? Incidentally, the main and satellite are connected to my Cisco RV345 router. Thank you,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7