Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to setup ipv6 orbi rbr50 spectrum 400 mbps

socalocguy4270
Aspirant

How to setup ipv6 orbi rbr50 spectrum 400 mbps

How do I configure my orbi to use ipv6, per spectrum, my modem supports it.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to setup ipv6 orbi rbr50 spectrum 400 mbps

Does the ISP provide native IPv6 thru the modem? 

YOu can enable IPv6 on the router. You might ask the ISP which IPv6 configuration is needed. DHCP or otherwise. 

@socalocguy4270wrote:

How do I configure my orbi to use ipv6, per spectrum, my modem supports it.

Message 2 of 6
guzzijason
Apprentice

I'm not a Spectrum user, but they are most likely using DHCP6. If you're not getting an IPv6 address with the Orbi set to "auto detect" WAN network type in the IPv6 settings, then try explicitly setting the type to DHCP.

When it comes to the LAN settings for IPv6, however, it is best to simply use "Auto Config".

Message 3 of 6
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

I found I had to change IPv6 Filtering from Secured to Open in order to get IPv6 to work at all. Set to Secured, v6 failed 100% of the time. I wonder how big a security hold I've opened.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 6
socalocguy4270
Aspirant

Thanks to all who replied, I just signed on and will attempt immediately.  Since the replies were so prompt and welcoming, I thought I would shoot my situation by the community for your ever soTvaluable input.  Three weeks ago I upgraded my internet plan to allegedly fiber optic from coaxial maximum of 100 to 400.  Spectrum's speed test says 380 to 310 when I am slower than a snail.  Since I am using the Orbi, they will not offer support of the fact I barely get a signal on my brand new Samsung UHDTV in a mere two  bedroom apartment with the orbi in the middle.  Is this possible?  thanks again everyone.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

How big is this apartment? 

Signal should be good if it's centrally placed. 

Do other devices get good singal or is it just this new TV that is experiencing problems? 

Try disabling Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the router and see if TV does anything different. 

@socalocguy4270wrote:

Thanks to all who replied, I just signed on and will attempt immediately.  Since the replies were so prompt and welcoming, I thought I would shoot my situation by the community for your ever soTvaluable input.  Three weeks ago I upgraded my internet plan to allegedly fiber optic from coaxial maximum of 100 to 400.  Spectrum's speed test says 380 to 310 when I am slower than a snail.  Since I am using the Orbi, they will not offer support of the fact I barely get a signal on my brand new Samsung UHDTV in a mere two  bedroom apartment with the orbi in the middle.  Is this possible?  thanks again everyone.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7