Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to stop Orbi firmware auto-update

How to stop Orbi firmware auto-update

There's a not so old thread (below) tha was locked for being "too old", so I'm reopening it.  The OP mentions using telnet to "view the nvram entires" which include some settings for auto-update, all of which leaves me somewhat perplexed.  When I try to telnet to my Orbi, it just says "Connect failed".   Does nayone know what this person was talking about?

"the modification/nvram update you need to change for your purpose - or you try by your own.."

Was???

Hi,

an interesting question.... a Netgear admin will certainly reply to you...

I just checked via telnet the nvram entries and values and found columns showing following entries (command in terminal: nvram show "and enter")

auto_update=1

or

auto_check_for_upgrade=1

There is an easy way to change this values to "0", but Netgear should confirm that one of this entries (or another) is the modification/nvram update you need to change for your purpose - or you try by your own...

Best regards from a happy German user....

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
Hawk600
Star

Re: How to stop Orbi firmware auto-update

Worked like a charm! Thank you for sharing!

It is a shame NG hiding the disable auto update option from users, this should be available since the begining.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7