Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to turn Ad-Block OFF (it's stuck on)

Briguy
Aspirant

How to turn Ad-Block OFF (it's stuck on)

Hello, I purchased the orbi system in 2017 and configured Disney Circle. Back then, add-block was an option in Circle, so I turned it on. Lately it has been breaking some links (like google shopping suggestions) so I'd like to TURN ADD BLOCK OFF. But I see the feature has been removed... so how do I turn it off?

I'd rather not factory reset my entire system. I have several satalites and static routing and other config data already put in my system. My Firmware is up to date with version: V2.3.5.30

Thanks, -B

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to turn Ad-Block OFF (it's stuck on)

So using a web browser and a PC connected to the RBRs web page fails to disable the control? If so, then a reset maybe needed.

Message 2 of 7
Briguy
Aspirant

I was using the add blocking included in the filter levels of Disney Circle. But that feature seems to have been removed with a recent update to Circle. But the add blocking remains ON (despite the feature being removed) so now I can't turn it off. Hoping I can find a work-around without having to reset (took a while to set up the network and devices and permissions etc.)

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

There is an entire community forum devoted to Disney Circle.  Perhaps someone who watches that forum has a solution?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle 

Message 4 of 7
Briguy
Aspirant

I initially set up the add blocking using the Circle App on Android. Now I can no longer find it using the Circle "1st gen" app Version 2.1.5 on Android Version 9.

I don't know if there has ever been an add blocking option in the native Orbi router config.

Message 5 of 7
Briguy
Aspirant

Great idea. Didn't see that. Will try.

Thanks.

@CrimpOn wrote:

There is an entire community forum devoted to Disney Circle.  Perhaps someone who watches that forum has a solution?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7