Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I Thought the Orbi System was Smart

GatorMitch
Aspirant

I Thought the Orbi System was Smart

I have AC3000 with 1 satellite.  The satellite has multiple devices with 10 to 15 feet (they are 30 or more feet from main router).  Most times several of the devices remain connected to the main router with a lower signal.  If I reboot the devices they connect to satellite with stronger signal.  Doesn't Orbi monitor connections and reroute for best performance?  Is there some setting I need to adjust?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Re: I Thought the Orbi System was Smart

hi

orbi is designed to help with both band steering and AP steering , but in the end its the client device that makes the decision to move from one transmission to the other

what are these client devices as you may need to adjust them instead of the orbi

Message 2 of 4
GatorMitch
Aspirant

@peteytesting wrote:

hi

orbi is designed to help with both band steering and AP steering , but in the end its the client device that makes the decision to move from one transmission to the other

what are these client devices as you may need to adjust them instead of the orbi

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply. The devices I am using include Windows 10 laptop, Android tablets and phones, Shield Android Tv streaming box, Amazon Echo. Please let me know if these devices have settings I am unaware of that would hasten their connection to the satellite. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4

yhe first thing to do is to make sure the sats are far enough apart from the router so as there is not too much overlap between the two wifi signals

get one of those wifi analyzers on the mobile phone and measure the rssi when standing between the two for both 2.4 and 5 gig , the rssi should be no better than -50db at the mid point

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7