Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am done

Yld2rob
Luminary

I am done

Well, the family can take it no longer with the daily disconnects. As much as I love it, I just went back to my ASUS Ac 5300 (which doesn't disconnect) and going to Costco to get my $500 back. I will keep on eye on this site for one day I see this issue  has been fixed.

Message 1 of 17
JMU1998
Luminary

Re: I am done

Many here feel your frustration I had to go back to 1.4.0.16 with factory reset that has been less problematic but yes my patience is also running out, I think we have Netgear Engineering attention now as they read these forums and hoping the stability we are seeking is only a Firmware away 🙂

Message 2 of 17
AniDutta
Apprentice

A firmware and don't forget about an usable app
Message 3 of 17
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

I doubt you have engineerings attention. How many orbis have been sold? I'm gonna say lots. And only a few here with problems. Many many more like myself with no problems. Actually orbi finally is a router that works. 4th router for me in my home in 3:5 years and I finally have one that works. JMU as the guy said in the other thread you only need to tell us you changed to .16 once. My system works great on 34. And since I am 3000 miles from my orbi 34 is nice cause I'm able to access it via the netgear genie too look at how I have no problems.
Message 4 of 17
Transalp
Aspirant

Orbi is the best WiFi system I have ever encountered. Sorry to read there are problems. I presume you have tried several options in the UI and positions of the satellite/Router. This will have some influence.
Message 5 of 17
Yld2rob
Luminary

Yes. I have tried all the different firmwares, moved around all the units, hard reset thems many times. It is strange that some people have no issues and tons of people are having issues. 

Message 6 of 17
netwrks
Master

My rule of thumb (for what it's worth). Don't buy bleeding edge hardware until at least a year of being in mainstream, for all the reason's everyone has voiced. Everything looks good on paper..

Message 7 of 17
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Looks good in my house to. Yld u change any of the factory settings?
Message 8 of 17
Yld2rob
Luminary

Nope. Kept them at default

Message 9 of 17
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Did u try only using one sat instead of 2? How big is your house? Mines 4700 with nothing but the best connection. I wonder if maybe the Costco 2 sats is too much for people.
Message 10 of 17
Yld2rob
Luminary

My house is 6,200 sq ft hence that is why I need 3

Message 11 of 17
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

You were able to get the router in the middle of a 6200 sq/ft house?
Message 12 of 17
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

I don't know if the orbi would be the best as a cookie cutter system once u get to needing 3. I don't like the router has to be in the middle. If that were the case in my house I would have went for a more mesh type system. Luckily my house is structured where 2 is ideal. My house is 3 floors on one side of the house the router sits then in the middle I have the sat. I can say if I had the 3 system even at 4700 sq/ft I would over saturate.
Message 13 of 17
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried exchanging your Orbi? maybe you got a lemon, it's true that some people are having some issues but for the most part Orbi seem to be working great for the majority of adopters, check the reviews positive for the vast majority.

Message 14 of 17
Yld2rob
Luminary

The funny thing is the system use to work perfectly for a couple of months and  the only change was a firmware upgrade. That ruined everything. I think there are so many people that are having the same issue, it is either defective devices (either at purchase or they become defective as they are used) or its firmware. Every since I went back to my Asus AC5300, there have been no drops!

Message 15 of 17
Yld2rob
Luminary

Yes. The router is in the kitchen on the 2nd floor in the middle of the house

Message 16 of 17
Yld2rob
Luminary

Could be a solution. I have not done that yet

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors