Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I am trying to hookup my Amazon Echos to my Orbi AC2200 wifi

barbgkruse
Aspirant

I am trying to hookup my Amazon Echos to my Orbi AC2200 wifi

I am trying to hook up my Amazon Echoes.  2 of the 4 connected to the orbi network okay and the other 2 keep saying they cannot hookup to a public network. It is not a public network.  I have rebooted the router and Modem. Have tried to manually install them as the Alexa app says to, but it didn't work either.  I believe the two that will not connect to the wifi are the earliest Echos that were made. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

what firmware is on your orbi's?

Did you try resetting the Echo's to factory and reinstalling?

How about shutting the 2 connected echo's off and then trying to install the other devices?

How do you have your wireless setup? Is it password protected and with what wireless password settings?

I'm running a current orbi setup with 3x echos 1st gen, 2x echo dot 1st gen, and 1 echo dot 3rd gen without any connection issues so I know it can be done with orbi. 

Message 2 of 5
barbgkruse
Aspirant

The firmware is V2.3.1.48
I have not reset the Echos to factory. I will try both of your suggestions. 
It is Password protected, but I don't know what you mean by what wireless password settings. 
Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

wpa, wpa2, wep. What protocol did you use. It should be fine if your other echo devices connected. Also be aware that echos struggle with special characters in the wireless password. Worth checking into that too. 

Message 4 of 5
JASonJW
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue on my RBK53 system with my 1st gen echo plus. I installed the first two echo devices (dot and echo) with no issues. Then, I tried the echo plus using the same protocol with no luck. I’ve tried connecting with the saved WiFi network and by adding the information in manually under all security setting types (None, WPA, and WPA2). I’ve made sure netgear is only set to WPA2 as Amazon’s tech support suggests. No luck, it continues to show the same network I’ve used before to set up the other echo devices is a “public network.” Did you ever figure it out?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7