Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I bought R7000P and returned for an Orbi now Armor report shows both, how to get rid of the 7000

Aw_Shucks
Aspirant

I bought R7000P and returned for an Orbi now Armor report shows both, how to get rid of the 7000P

I'm getting a report on a router I no longer own. I purchased the R7000P and took it back to Best Buy and traded for an Orbi. I installed the Orbi Armor and when I opened the report it gives me both routers and someone elses name on the equipment. How do I get rid of the R7000 on the report?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I bought R7000P and returned for an Orbi now Armor report shows both, how to get rid of the 7000

If the Orbi was purchased within the last 90 days, I would register it on the Netgear page and explain the problem to Netgear support.

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/register/register.aspx

Once the registration is completed, there is a link to requesting support.  (Maybe even a telephone number.  I got my Orbi over two years ago and have only dim memories of the registration process.)

Message 2 of 6

Also try here:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 6
Aw_Shucks
Aspirant

Thats my problem, I registered both and want to unregister the second.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact NG support. 

Message 5 of 6

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Contact NG support. 

Easier said than done.

Netgear has, for reasons known only to itself, removed the option for individuals to deregister devices.

The official support channels are less than perfect. The best solution is to deploy the same strategy that you have to use if the system fails to let you register a new purchase, another common complaint, get one of the Netgear moderators to intervene.

With luck @Christian_R, @ChristineT or @DexterJB maybe able to help.

They may not welcome the need to rescue let another stranded customer, but their bosses created this broken system.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7