Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I can't connect to the satellite Orbi RBS50

ByronG
Aspirant

I can't connect to the satellite Orbi RBS50

I received an email to update firmware of Orbi RBS50 but I can't do that due to I can't find it.  It doesn´t appear in the app (as satellite or device) or when I try to update manually, even I already reset router and satellite without success.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ByronG
Aspirant

Finally I solved it, I just reset router and satellite, but the key was that you'll have to press reset button during 30 seconds in every device.
Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

bring the sat closer and manually sync it by pressing the wps button on each device

if that doesnt help try putting the orbi router in ap mode and connected to another wireless router and from its dhcp client list access the sats ip address and update from there

Message 2 of 7
ByronG
Aspirant

Hi:

I placed near sat from router but I can't find it (through app and orbilogin.net).

In AP mode, I can't find it again, until connected it to router with ethernet cable but I can't access through ip address.

Also restart router and sat but it didn't work too.
Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

These are some steps on can follow on your end.

1. Power-cycle the satellite (unplug the power cable, wait for 10-15 seconds and plug it back). Your Orbi satellite will automatically try to connect with the Orbi router. If the light on the Orbi router is solid blue, which is a good sign between, check under connected satellites on Orbi routers GUI if you can see the satellite or not. 

2. If it is still not visible under connected satellites reset the satellite for 20 seconds, and follow the same steps as in 1.

3. Check the firmware version on the satellite. You will have to open the GUI of the satellite and check the firmware version. Check the IP address acquired by Orbi router. The IP address to open the GUI for the satellite(s) should be in the same range. For example if the IP address of router is 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.2 , 1.3,  or 1.5 etc to open the GUI of the satellite. There are more ways to open the GUI of the satellite. You can ping me, I will tell you.

I hope this works out for you.

Message 4 of 7
JudeMills
Tutor

Having the same problem after trying to update Satellite's [RBS50] firware from out of the box version  V1.2.0.6 to the newest update V1.12.0.18.  Upload of firmware showed 100% success but update crashed at that point and could not reestablish connection to the satellite.  Have tried recycling the satellite, resetting the satellite and syncing the satellite back to the RBR50 router to no avail.  Router IP address is out of the box 192.168.1.1. Satellite no longer shows up on 'Orbi Login Page', so cannot determine the IP address of the satellite.  Tried looking using ethernet cable to connect satellite to my laptop and the IP address that shows up is totally different - 169.254.2.143 for that.  Typing that address into Explorer gets nothing 'this page can't be displayed' message.  Don't know what to do at this point.  I have NOT updated the Router's firmware as yet because I'm afraid I'll lose everything.  Do I need to do that in order for the router and satellite to be able to communicate?  Appreciate any help anyone can give on what to do now to get everything back in sync again. Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 7
JudeMills
Tutor

Well got one question I had answered - From above, I had updated manually the firmware on my two RBS50 Satellites to the newest version V1.12.0.18 and after a 100% successful upload the manual update program crashed and never confirmed connectivity to the Satellites, and worse, could not get the Satellites to sync with the RBR50 Orbi Router. I did NOT update the firmware on the router fearing total loss of the internet.  I could not find an answer anywhere on whether Satellites and Router HAD to be running the same firmware in order to communicate.  Well, overnight the RBR50 Router automatically updated itself to the newest version firmware and good news, the Satellites are now synced to the router again and all seems fine with the connectivity.  So all hardware DOES have to be running the same firmware in order to communicate.

Message 6 of 7
ByronG
Aspirant

Finally I solved it, I just reset router and satellite, but the key was that you'll have to press reset button during 30 seconds in every device.
Regards,
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7