Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

**I found a Connection issue Resolution for wired backhaul !! **

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: **I found a Connection issue Resolution for wired backhaul !! **

Glad you found the real probem. 

Hopefully NG will address this issue. SHould have to do this on a power cycle. Mine doesn't do that. Smiley Wink

@Motya wrote:

I have both Netgeer and TP-link 24 port un-managed Gigabit switches.

I found "bad" cable. Changed it and now looks good.

Thanks

BTW

Every time I am rebooting router I need to go thru the following procedure posted above (just copy it here)

• Power off all orbi gear
  • Power on only the RBR50 (Orbi Router). Wait 2-5 minutes.
  • Unplug backhaul ethernet cable from RBS40/RBS50 (Orbi Satallite)
  • Power on RBS50 or RBS40 (only 1 at a time, just to make sure to be able to keep an eye on each device and make sure network remains stable).
  • Login to RBR50, once you see that the RBS40/50 is connected with 5G, wait 2-5 minutes and plug the backhaul cable back in. Wait 2-5 minutes again and you should see the interface switch to wired for the backhaul connection. Monitor network for another 2-5 minutes to ensure things remain working as-expected.

Message 26 of 31
Motya
Aspirant

I am observing inconsistent ping to wireless devices, connected to both router and satellite

it varies between 3ms to 800ms (5G). Is it normal?

All wired devices show 0.3ms ping

Thanks

Message 27 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Is anything going on while your testing this?

I would turn OFF ALL wireless and wired devices accept for 1 wired PC to test with...

@Motya wrote:

I am observing inconsistent ping to wireless devices, connected to both router and satellite

Thanks

Message 28 of 31
Motya
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would turn OFF ALL wireless and wired devices accept for 1 wired PC to test with...

@Motya wrote:

Thanks

I am afraid I did not understand your suggestion.

I have no problem with wired devices. So, if I will disconnect all wireless devices and all wired (except one PC), how I can troubleshoot wireless ping?

Thanks

Message 29 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Turn OFF all devices accept for one wired PC. Make sure pings are good. The try testing pings with a wireless laptop if you have on. Test with wireless Laptop to see if there are any differences...

@Motya wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Motya wrote:

Thanks

I am afraid I did not understand your suggestion.

I have no problem with wired devices. So, if I will disconnect all wireless devices and all wired (except one PC), how I can troubleshoot wireless ping?

Thanks

Message 30 of 31
chuahyenhua
Apprentice

Hi

I just bought the RBK53 set and updated all the units to the firmware version 2.1.4.16 last night

However, there are lots of problems with it.

Attach the router to the internet (without any satelites attached),  the router is able to give me speed up to 500 MB/s using speedtest app on my iphone.

When i attach 1 of the 2 satelites via ethernet backhaul and place the satelite about 50 metres away from the router, the speed reported dropped to 90MB/s. Why?

When i powered off the satelite, the network speed went back to 500 MB/s again.

Why is there a drop in network speed when the satelite is attached?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7