Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a recently purchased new Orbi RBR50 w/2 satellites. Each time I update Mac IOS I can't login.

4T-----
Aspirant

I have a recently purchased new Orbi RBR50 w/2 satellites. Each time I update Mac IOS I can't login.

Message 1 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have a recently purchased new Orbi RBR50 w/2 satellites. Each time I update Mac IOS I can't lo

Is with the Orbi app or thru a web browser? 

Message 2 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I have a recently purchased new Orbi RBR50 w/2 satellites. Each time I update Mac IOS I can't lo

"Cannot log in" has multiple meanings:

• To the Orbi WiFi?
  • To the Orbi administrative web site with Safari?
  • To the Orbi administration using the iOS Orbi "app"?
  • To web sites on the internet?

More explanation will help.

Message 3 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I am using the Chrome browser on an iMac and attempting to login to my account.  I can enter the correct password but I click on admin nothing happens at all.  I have never been asked for my Admin password prior to this evening and not even sure what it is.  The Orbi app on my iPhone was working just fine earlier today.  I am using the installed DuckDuck Go extension on Chrome.  I have been to the Netgear help site, which tells me I am not conntected to the network, yet I can do everything else on the Internet, obviously I am communicating just fine right now on my computer.

Message 4 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the explanation.  Chrome w/Duck Duck Go to access "account":

• Netgear account?
  • Orbi web administration?

Have you tried Safari?

Does the iOS Orbi app no longer work?

Message 5 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I have attempted to login to my account on both my iPhone Orbi app and through the Web on my computer with out positive results.

Message 6 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I have been mainly trying to access my Orbi account with my iPhone.  For the first time on my phone I am seeing Log In to Your Orbi Lof in with your admin credentials to manage your settings.

I see user name and and under that admin.  Next line under that is password(Default is password)

Message 7 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I have tried Saffari but it is tied to Google as well.

Message 8 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear has created a frustrating situation by enabling two different ways to administer the Orbi router:

• The traditional way.  The Orbi itself hosts a web site ("orbilogin.net") with web pages to control the Orbi settings.
    The user ID is "admin" (and cannot be changed)
    The password was originally "password" when the Orbi came "out of the box",
    and the user is encouraged (almost forced) to change it to something different than "password"
    during the setup.
  • The Orbi "app".  To be "modern, hip, (whatever)", Netgear created this Orbi "app" for smartphones/tablets which will walk the user through Orbi setup and which provides a way to manage the Orbi through the Netgear "cloud".
    To set up the app, the user creates a User Name at Netgear and a password,
    which get associated with the Orbi in Netgear's "Cloud".

To use the Orbi app, you have to remember the User Name and password that were used to create the Netgear account.  As always, even one letter off, and it's "no match".  Screwed.

So, if you direct Chrome to "orbilogin.net" (or "orbilogin.com", "router.com", or a bunch of other names), it brings up that Orbi web site which wants a user ID of "admin" and the administrative password.

If you do not know the administrative password, you cannot get in.  Fortunately, there is a way around this:

Do a "factory reset" on the Orbi. https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings 

Message 9 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

It appears on my phone when I click on the app but I just see all those things I mentioned and when I type in my password for my account it isn't accepted and the admin line doesn't change when I type.  I would say the answer is NO it's not working for me anyway.

Message 10 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I went through the setup and changed to password for the router and then set up an account with a user name and another password.  I have accurately entered my account password and user name to no avail.  Perhaps I should set it back to factory setting and start alll over.  What a pain in the rear this is.  Chances are when I set up my account it will tell me an account already exists!

Message 11 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I have all my passwords and user names writtien down in a book and am very careful entering those

Message 12 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

If you set up the Orbi using only a web browser (no "app"), then no Netgear account is involved.

I have set my Orbi up at least 10 times over the past two years, and only started using the Orbi "app" recently because so many people posted questions about it.  (It annoys the s**t out of me.)

And, I'm like you.  The Orbi app got "updated" recently and it has forgotten my Netgear user name and password.  I am digging through my notes trying to remember what it is now.

Message 13 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

I know this is like saying, "would you like an hour long enema?", but....  Netgear provides 90 days of telephone support with a new purchase.  On the page where the product is registered, there is a link to support.  We recently had a customer rave about how wonderful the telephone support was with his problem.

Message 14 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

Thanks so much for devoting so much time to this incredibly maddening situation!  I must admit I am confused with all the ways to enter the Orbi maze. And I thought it be easy.  

Message 15 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

Is there an actual phone number to call to talk to a warm body?  Enemas have never been one of my favorite experiences!!

Message 16 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

I believe you start with this page: https://kb.netgear.com/26904/How-do-I-register-a-product-on-MyNETGEAR 

The key is to look for the "Support" link before leaving the web page.

Message 17 of 19
4T-----
Aspirant

I am going to have to sign off and will check on further replies tomorrow. 

Many thanks!!

Message 18 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

I would wired connect a PC to the back of the RBR. Factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com.

Use Safari, or FireFox browsers to walk thru the setup wizard. Besure to write down all important information. 

You'll be entering in a PW for the "admin" account is all. Don't use anything else during this process. 

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7