Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have an existing RBK33 router and 2 satelites

Robinkaty
Follower

I have an existing RBK33 router and 2 satelites

I have an exsting rbk33 router with two satelites out in my barn conneted to my wired network.

Can I add another rbk53 system to the house on the same wired network with the same SID as the barn?

I would think this would be simple, but I usually dig a big hole before finding that out?

Thanks

Rob

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I have an existing RBK33 router and 2 satelites

The situation needs more information, such as what the wired network is.  i.e. there is an internet modem somewhere.  Where (and what) is it?  in the barn?  in the house?  How are the barn and house connected?  How far is the barn from the house?

So, "yes", you can add another Orbi system and give is whatever SSID you want.  HOWEVER, they will not magically become "one system".  They will be two separate systems.  Imagine setting up two identical Orbi systems, one in New York and one in California.  They can have the same WiFi name (SSID) and password, and a device that knows the SSID & password will connect to both of them when it comes into range.  But, they are entirely separate.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7