Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I installed an ORBI 2200. iPhones and laptop WiFi connects OK. I can’t connect our iPad.

RDMc
Follower

I installed an ORBI 2200. iPhones and laptop WiFi connects OK. I can’t connect our iPad.

Model is RBK43 AC2200

I'm able to connect iPhones and laptop to WiFi.  Can’t connect iPad.  Error messages are either no internet connection or password incorrect.  I didn’t have any problem with our 2 iPhones or laptop; so it shouldn’t be a password problem.  Sometimes it will connect for about 3 seconds, then disconnect with the password error popping up.  

I’ve repeated system setup twice and rebooted iPad several times.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I installed an ORBI 2200. iPhones and laptop WiFi connects OK. I can’t connect our iPad.

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Be sure to forget any prior wifi profiles on the phones. 

Have you set up the Orbi system for the same SSID and PW used in your prior wifi router? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I installed an ORBI 2200. iPhones and laptop WiFi connects OK. I can’t connect our iPad.

@RDMc wrote:

I’ve repeated system setup twice and rebooted iPad several times.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Have you told the iPad to "forget" the WiFi network, then scan for WiFi again?  (Maybe an incorrect password is "stuck" in memory somehow?)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7