Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I wish I could return this pile of junk

Legendary
Star

I wish I could return this pile of junk

I’ve owned an Orbi since May, I believe. The first few months were amazing! It worked so well and I had no problems with it.

The platform was super stable and I never had to reset either the Router or Satellite. I was living in the future... or so I believed.

Fast forward a few months, a few firmware updates, and I am extremely frustrated, to say the least.

Constant connection drops, slow speeds (going from 250 download, to 10), having to constantly run downstairs to unplug the router & plug it back in, because rebooting it via the app/gateway doesn’t fix it).

It’s now become a daily routine to have to reset this thing.

Why?

Does anyone know how to fix this **bleep**? This is embarrassing for a $350 Router. Absolutely embarrassing for Netgear. I will never buy one of their products again if this isn’t fixed. I just updated to 2.1 a few days ago and nothing has been fixed. It’s been over 5 months now.

I wish I could go back to the original firmware.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: I wish I could return this pile of junk

I would try to move the satellite and/or router to different positions so they have fewer walls between or are closer together. Recent firmware (released a few months after your purchase) reduced the effective satellite to router range for a stable backhaul. If your backhaul signal is not strong enough, you will have intermittent issues like you describe.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7