Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IOGear GWU627 Will this work rbr20

Tjharris6
Guide

IOGear GWU627 Will this work rbr20

I need to stop buying the orbi at Costco. They didn’t,t have ports needed or was way to powerful strength for the house. I know I asked before but which would be better a unmanaged switch plugged into the orbi or a IOGear GWU627 plugged into a lorex system dar. Suggestions welcome but already purchased lorex system and orbi.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Unmanaged switches are perferred. NG GS-105/108s are something to review. D-Links DGS-105/108 work well with my Orbi system. If you need a managed switch, just be sure that ALL IGMP protocols are disabled on the managed switch. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@Tjharris6 wrote:

which would be better a unmanaged switch plugged into the orbi or a IOGear GWU627 plugged into a lorex system dar. Suggestions welcome but already purchased lorex system and orbi.

If the cable connection is possible, a gigabit ethernet switch would be my choice every time over a WiFi dongle.  Have no idea how the Lorex would manage a WiFi dongle.  Any compability issues would be on the Lorex side, not the Orbi side.  If you can, stick with the switch.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7