Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IOS connection problem

vegascaptain
Tutor

IOS connection problem

I've had my Orbi RBK50 since January. I have had connectivity problems like the rest of you with my IOS iPad  and iPhone devices. I have the latest firmware (V1.10.1.2), but the problem keeps getting worse.

No!!!, I don't want to use the Orbi as an AP with my old router, I just want it to work like it is supposed to! Netgear has not been of any help. Have they helped you???

Suggestions???

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
JLG1965
Guide

I am having issues with  two Gen 4 Apple TVs dropping network connectivity. It started yesterday. I purchesed the ORBI system about a month ago and everything worked well until yesteraday. Did Apple or Orbi release a software upgrade yesterday that mucked things up? 

Message 2 of 5
Markkram
Guide

Yes they did. Recent firmware update is a fail. iPad not connecting to rbk30 satelite. They are to advise me when a solution is available.....

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Markkram

We currently have a beta firmware that addresses disconnect issues if you would like to test this send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number and our support team will contact you. Also what devices are you having issues with?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
gmjones38
Aspirant

I got my Orbo a week ago to replace a set of Apple Express routers. I am experiencing the same issues with dropping connections. It got so bad, I had to reconnect one of my airport express units in order to stream from my ipad. Whenever, I would stream something it would work for a while, then the connection would drop.

I would be interested in testing the beta software if that helps solve this problem. I have a very large house 6000+ with the base and 2 satellites which all seem to have good connections with each other.

Greg

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7