Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

If 2,4Ghz is disabled clients are isolated across APs

js_b
Initiate

If 2,4Ghz is disabled clients are isolated across APs

hi there

i came across an issue with my orbi system (firmware 1.11.0.20) and i am wondering if anyone has observed the same?

after disabling the 2,5ghz band (5ghz band only) clients/devices connected via the satellite cannot "see" other devices connected via the router (and vice versa). it almost feels like "client isolation mode", but only across multpile APs.

- clients can "see" other clients when connected via same AP (router or satellite)
- all clients can see router AND satellites or connect to the internet at all times
- only clients connected via "the other" AP cannot be seen (pinged or otherwise be accessed)

when moving around in my house and subsequently roaming between router and satellite i can see the other clients in my network disappear and reappear depending on which AP they are connected to.

especially odd: when i enable the 2,4ghz band again the problem is "solved" even though the clients are connect via the 5ghz band!

the issue appears both in router mode as well as in AP mode.
hardware reset did not help
router to satellite communication is great and running a perfect speed

the new 1.12.0.18 firmware does not help at all, as the option to disable 2,4ghz has been removed.

any help would be very much appreciated.
j.

ps: i need to disable the 2,4ghz band because my apple devices get stuck on 2,4ghz which is pretty much unusable around here, while 5ghz works perfectly.
btw, i totally support everyone asking for an option to allow separate SSIDs per band.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: If 2,4Ghz is disabled clients are isolated across APs

Hello Js_b

Our support team would like to work with you on this issue can you send me a PM with your name, email and phone number.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7