Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

If i buy a new orbi modem with its satellites did it work with the old one in my home?

Abod
Aspirant

If i buy a new orbi modem with its satellites did it work with the old one in my home?

If i but a new orbi modem with its satellites did it work with the old one in my home?
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: If i buy a new orbi modem with its satellites did it work with the old one in my home?

Do you mean the Orbi CBK40 with built in modem and wifi router? 

The ORBI RBK series is a wifi router only product. Doesn't have a built in modem. 

I recommend you first contact your ISP to see what they officially support in regards to modems being on there network. Then go from there. 

@Abod wrote:
If i but a new orbi modem with its satellites did it work with the old one in my home?

Message 2 of 6
Abod
Aspirant

Re: If i buy a new orbi modem with its satellites did it work with the old one in my home?

No i mean i have old orbi and I want to buy more satellites if i buy basic satellites can I connect it with old one?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the model # of the "old" orbi? 

RBR##? 

Most RBS will connect to current versions of RBRs. 

Message 4 of 6
Abod
Aspirant

I mean if i buy new router does it connect with the old router ?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You don't want two routers on the same network line. This causes problems. One such as double NAT. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7