Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Initial setup failed.

stephbost
Follower

Initial setup failed.

Orbi RBK33 w/ Netgear AC1200 w/ Suddenlink
I have followed the Netgear set up video "how to install your Orbi WiFi system | Netgear".
I have gotten a blue light from my satellite and shown excellent signal on my phone to the Orbi network. However, when I try to finish the setup on my phone, I cannot connect to the webpage.
What am I missing?
Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Initial setup failed.

Please post this here in this forum for your Orbi model:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

@stephbost wrote:
I have followed the Netgear set up video "how to install your Orbi WiFi system | Netgear".
I have gotten a blue light from my satellite and shown excellent signal on my phone to the Orbi network. However, when I try to finish the setup on my phone, I cannot connect to the webpage.
What am I missing?

Message 2 of 4
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Based on the limited information you have given, several things could be going on:

First if you are using the cell phone for the set up did you download the Orbi app and follow instruction on the app? You need the app on your phone, or the webpage on your laptop or pc to set up properly, after registering, etc.

If you really want to use your phone to connect to the webpage, you need to have the phone browser set to desktop mode, otherwise it will just direct you to download the app.

All in all setting up with a video is fine to understand instructions, but the set up process in the app or the webpage is a step by step process using the app or the web GUI as follows: https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try setting up the system with a PC or laptop and a web browser. 

@stephbost wrote:
What am I missing?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7