Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Initial setup

pfgthird
Follower

Initial setup

Just trying to install the system.  I get to the last step and it keeps telling me I'm not connected to the Orbi WiFi Network.  I check my computer, it says I'm connected.  Over and over, same result.  What the hell am I doing wrong?

Unplugged everything.  Reset modem.  Changed admin name and password.  Device (phone and desktop) say I'm connected.  Get to the last step of setup . . . you're not connected.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Initial setup

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem? 

I presume yoru trying to get the Orbi router connected first? Focus on getting this conencted first to the ISP modem and services. Then set up the Satellite 2nd after the router is fully working. 

Use a LAN cable wired PC to the back of the Orbi router. 

Use IE11 or FF browser to walk thru the set up wizard. Disable any PC security software and browser add ons temporarily while setting up the router and Satellite. 

After you walk thru the set up wizard, you might log out, empty browser caches and then reopen the browser. After setting up the router, check for internet access and run some speed tests. 

Disable IPv6 if your ISP doesn't support this natively. 

I've disablied Beam forming and MIMO wireless features for me and all my devices work well. Including my Satellite at the opposite end of the house from the router. 

Message 2 of 3
webminster
Luminary

Re: Initial setup

Are you using the app (Orbi app or Genie) to setup?  You say stuff is connected, are you getting Internet access etc?  Can you get to the Orbi via browser (orbilogin.com)?  Few more details would be helpful.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7