Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Install

Tsolomon
Aspirant

Install

Recently Installed and I am having some problems..  I followed all install instructions and the signal on teh router and satellite Orbi systems are linked properly with a strong signal.

1...My smart TV's all show that is it connected and the signal is strong but they all say "connected with problems".  None of the TV's are connected to the internet which will not allow Netflix, etc. to launch on the smart TV.  I have tried resetting (and unplugging) the modem but that will not help.

2...Some websites visited on smart phones (both Andriod and Apple) are asking for Log Ins to the web site which it never asked for bfr and when I am not on my home wifi it is not asked for.

Help!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Seems that your ISP modem that is connected to Orbi is also a router. What is the model of this modem/router?

Message 2 of 6
Tsolomon
Aspirant

It came with my cable provider.  Att Uverse

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Your modem already has wifi and a router built in. This can cause a double NAT condition and connection problems. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem leaving it in router mode and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Tsolomon wrote:

Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Tsolomon wrote:

Thanks, can you please read the model number on this router provided by the cable provider. Is it NVG599 or BGW210,........

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any ATT Uverse modem will have a router built in. This will cause a double NAT condition and connection problems with another router, like Orbi, is installed. 

Please try one of the 3 optiions that was suggested to see if this helps with the Orbi installation. I recommend option #3 first.

@Tsolomon wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7