Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installation Problem setting up Orbi with ATT DSL

jshoe3
Aspirant

Installation Problem setting up Orbi with ATT DSL

Hello,

I picked up a 3 pack Orbi system from Costco today and got it home to install it and am running into issues.

I was able to go through the setup procedure and everything seemed to pair fine (both satellites) but it was showing 'no internet access'

so I made sure it was set to PPPoe and made sure correct username/password... and now the 4 'boxes' on the setup and advanced setup page are showing green check marks, but the internet on my devices still does not work. 

I have been able to successfully setup routers in the past without any sort of incident, and cannot seem to figure out what in the world is going on here.

I will append some image links showing the status icons I'm seeing, but wondering if anybody has run into anything similar themselves?

(The only thing I'm not entirely sure about was whether I needed to put Mac Address in manually, I left that part default, but everything else I am 99% sure is setup correctly) (Also on the internet connectivity thing it shows 1d 0min 0seconds ago) - but it doesnt count forward which makes me think its getting an ip address for just a moment but not maintaining it???)

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you, I will follow up to this post soon with images.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jshoe3
Aspirant

Re: Installation Problem setting up Orbi with ATT DSL

Thank you peteytesting,

I did actually have it in bridge mode and actually, it turns out, had it setup properly-- but had 2 unexpected issues along the way.

1) The jack itself was isolated, even though I was told that it was not. Turns out when I asked 'is the DSL line green' it was blinking not solid, so just bad communication.

2) The Ipad Pro I was using to install was not forwarding the 'startupmodem' page to release/refresh the connection. Brought laptop over there and it was able to properly do it.

I really appreciate your fast response, and cannot believe those ended up being the two issues.

I'm really glad this community exists, because when I first logged into the Contact Us/Support on Netgear and realized how expensive any support at all would be after 90 days made me 2nd guess decision, but glad to be up and happily running.

Good advice in your reply by the way,

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

hi

assuming you are on adsl or vdsl and as such need a modem of the same type in front of the orbi and that modem would need to be bridged to then run the orbi router behind it in router mode

so plz confirm that you have a bridged modem in place and  you isp allows pppoe connections ( some only allow pppoa )

also whats the make and model number of the modem

Message 2 of 3
jshoe3
Aspirant

Thank you peteytesting,

I did actually have it in bridge mode and actually, it turns out, had it setup properly-- but had 2 unexpected issues along the way.

1) The jack itself was isolated, even though I was told that it was not. Turns out when I asked 'is the DSL line green' it was blinking not solid, so just bad communication.

2) The Ipad Pro I was using to install was not forwarding the 'startupmodem' page to release/refresh the connection. Brought laptop over there and it was able to properly do it.

I really appreciate your fast response, and cannot believe those ended up being the two issues.

I'm really glad this community exists, because when I first logged into the Contact Us/Support on Netgear and realized how expensive any support at all would be after 90 days made me 2nd guess decision, but glad to be up and happily running.

Good advice in your reply by the way,

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7