Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Installation

MMaher
Aspirant

Installation

I have an eircom modem here in Ireland and have connected my new RBR50 router to the Lan input at the back but when I log into Orbi - it says that the Orbi router is offline. Then I swapped old eircom modem for new one and exactly the same issue! So I’m complete stuck! Anyone no how to connect the Orbi router to my modem? Thanks so much
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Couple of questions.

1. Is the eircom modem a router/modem combo device? If its a combo device, either the orbi needs to be in Acces Point mode or you need to put your eircom in bridged/modem only mode if you want the Orbi in router mode. In AP mode the Orbi won't show as being online but everything will work. 

2. On the back of the Orbi, are you connected to the standard LAN port or the WAN port? 

Just trying to get this straight on what you're trying to accomplish and the best way to do so. 

here's some info on setting Orbi in AP mode.

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Its best to talk to your provider on how best to switch your eircom if you're switching the modes on that.

Message 2 of 9
MMaher
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. The eircom device I gave is an eir modem f2000. I looked it up and there’s loads of technical advice there but I couldnt tell you if it’s a combi or not. Will see if I can find out. Helpline has an average call waiting time of 55 mins! I am connected to Lan1 on the eir modem.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

From looking it up, it is a combo device. Here's you options.

1. Leave it as is and put Orbi in AP mode. You can disable wifi on the Eir device so it doesn't create interference. This is probably the simplest route for you. Orbi won't show as online in the orbi menu but it will work fine. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

2. Setup the Eircom as modem/dsl/bridge mode only. Check with your provider on how to do this properly for this device. I'd rather not mess it up for you 🙂 This would allow you to use the orbi in router mode and use its features. 

Up to you which route you choose. 

Message 4 of 9
MMaher
Aspirant

Ok so try the sdvanced settings and I don’t get the option you have suggested I should get - I can to choose between static ip or PPPoE. How do I get to access point? Thanks for your help! It’s really appreciated.
Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

There's a link above or I found a video that's walks you through it.
https://youtu.be/3YwkjTXrlsA
Message 6 of 9
MMaher
Aspirant

Thanks! Tried the video and when I try to login over the Orbi WiFi into www.orbilogin.net, I’m asked for username to which I type admin and then I type in password for password. All good but then then I don’t progress any further. It doesn’t seem to accept this and the bar at the top of the screen progresses about 10% and no more. Arrgghhhh!
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Try rebooting the orbi and making sure your hardwired into it.
Message 8 of 9
MMaher
Aspirant

Hurrah! It works! Thank you so much. Much improved signal around the house. Happy days!
Thank you for all your help. I couldn’t have done it without you!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7