Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Installed ORBI RBR20 and now security cameras won't connect

LoriLQ
Follower

Installed ORBI RBR20 and now security cameras won't connect

Hi  - We have the orbi system working and can log in on all devices except the sequirty camera system will not show the live video and a friend said that I need to change the "cookies" or level on orbi settings  - How do I change the orbi settings to allow ?

thank you

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Theres no such cookies or configuration to allow cameras to connect. They will connect or they won't. 

What is the mfr and model# of these camera? 

Are they 2.4Ghz only supporting cameras? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What security mode are you using on the Orbi? Auto? Try WPA and TPIK temporarily to see if cameras will connect. The try WPA2 and AES only. 

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@LoriLQ wrote:

Hi  - We have the orbi system working and can log in on all devices except the secuirty camera system will not show the live video and a friend said that I need to change the "cookies" or level on orbi settings  - How do I change the orbi settings to allow ?

thank you

Perhaps you could identify which security camera system this is?  Was the WiFi name or password changed when the new Orbi system was installed?  Sometimes, the easiest thing to do is to do a new camera setup.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7