Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installed Orbi with AT&T Internet, worked 12 hours, then upload speeds crashed

EyalB
Aspirant

Installed Orbi with AT&T Internet, worked 12 hours, then upload speeds crashed

I installed an Orbi AC3000, connected to a Pace 5268AC on AT&T Internet. I set the The Orbi to AB mode, then I bypassed the 5268AC by disabling wifi on it. Speeds were 35-40Mbps download and 4-6Mbps upload (I have internet 45 package, awaiting technician to swing by for upgrade to 75) and seemed to work fine for about 12 hours. 12 hours later I noticed that my Nest outdoor cameras were each suddenly losing connection every 7-10 minutes. I've been testing speeds and have been consistantly seeing 35-40Mbps download and 0.1 - 0.3Mbps Upload. Consistantly testing these upload speed for nearly 24 hours now.

Troubleshooting done so far:

confirmed with AT&T no outage in the area, they reset connection remotely

I updated to the latest firmware on both the router and satellite

Reset the 5268AC

Reset the Orbi router, then the satellite

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Installed Orbi with AT&T Internet, worked 12 hours, then upload speeds crashed

Hello EyalB

Have you enabled beamforming and mumimo on orbi?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
EyalB
Aspirant

Re: Installed Orbi with AT&T Internet, worked 12 hours, then upload speeds crashed

I have not. Unless those are enabled by default, they are disabled.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Try that its in the advanced wireless settings.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
EyalB
Aspirant

enabled beamforming and mumimo, same issue. Upload is still in the 0.1 - 0.3 range consistantly. 

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello EyalB

Can you send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number I want to get you over to support and work on this issue.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7