Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Installed and reboxed within 5 days! Orbi is useless

ScottUK
Tutor

Installed and reboxed within 5 days!

Installed the Orbi system and it's now unplugged and reboxed and I'm back to my old trusty Airport Extreme (extended with Airport express) system.

Some of the problems I've had (which I have NEVER experienced with the Airport system)

• Slow (very slow) connection speeds on some devices (iOS) 
  • Plex server unable to stream via the connection to any iPad in the house
  • Nest cameras disconnecting for no apparent reason
  • Satellite constantly random flashing white

I've tried the satelite in various locations around the home and none have improved the performance.

How some of these Orbi reviews are glowing is beyond me, Netgear are either supplying the devices to YouTubers for a favourable review or their marketing team are exceptional.

All in all, the whole system is terrible, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Landerx
Apprentice

@ScottUK wrote:

Installed the Orbi system and it's now unplugged and reboxed and I'm back to my old trusty Airport Extreme (extended with Airport express) system.

Some of the problems I've had (which I have NEVER experienced with the Airport system)

I've tried the satelite in various locations around the home and none have improved the performance.

How some of these Orbi reviews are glowing is beyond me, Netgear are either supplying the devices to YouTubers for a favourable review or their marketing team are exceptional.

Many of the issues you are describing have been fixed with a recent firmware update.  I found that with the most recent firmware the system is very stable and I get amazing speeds.  Sometimes the devices are the issue and sometimes the placement of the sattelite is the isssue. Overall for many it has been a very stable and reliable system. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Landerx
Apprentice

@ScottUK wrote:

Many of the issues you are describing have been fixed with a recent firmware update.  I found that with the most recent firmware the system is very stable and I get amazing speeds.  Sometimes the devices are the issue and sometimes the placement of the sattelite is the isssue. Overall for many it has been a very stable and reliable system. 

Message 2 of 3
scornwell
Apprentice

@Landerx And many of the issues remain, as has already been pointed out in this thread and the 300+ post long discussion about issues with the latest firmware. Orbi is stable for some, but definitely not all and it has nothing to do with devices or placement.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7