Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Intel AC7260 issues with Orbi

th3w01f
Apprentice

Intel AC7260 issues with Orbi

Since the latest FW update I've started having issues with the AC7260 wifi card driver locking up my laptop (hard reboot required).  I've tried updating the 7260 FW and removing and rinstalling the driver. 

When I connect to either of the other 802.11a/n/ac routers I have, there is no issue but withing 30 min of connecting back to the Orbi the card is locked up again.  I've been using the laptop with the Orbi since the day it was released and this issue only seemd to start with the last Orbi FW update. 

Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9
JMU1998
Luminary

Glad someone else mentioned this thought it was my laptop.  I have similar issue my Fujitsu u745 is having similar issues it has AC7265 card and yes it started acting up with latest firmware too very interesting hopefully moderator can rely this to Engineering for Firmware bug. can someone else please test as well and report any issues with AC7260/65 card if you have it in your machine.

Message 2 of 9
th3w01f
Apprentice

I've done some additional testing and if I disable 5Ghz on the card, everything seems to work fine.  I've now tested at 5Ghz on 4 other newer APs with no issue but I still can't use the Orbi at 5Ghz without the card locking up. 

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

This was not happening on a previous firmware?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
JMU1998
Luminary

For me it only started with latest firmware and I have had the Orbi when it first released.

Message 5 of 9
rhester72
Virtuoso

Just a datapoint, if it's any help - no issues with the 8260 (newer chipset) here.

Rodney

Message 6 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

Have latest driver for AC7260? If Orbi f/w is a problem, go back to last f/w until the fix the problem on latest f/w.

Message 7 of 9
th3w01f
Apprentice

I've been out of the country for the last two weeks so I haven't been able to test but I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this.  While traveling I removed the intel proset wireless tools, Lenovo connection tool and uninstalled the latest intel driver and went back to the latest Lenovo driver (2 revisions behind).  Whle traveling to 5 different hotels and multiple customer sites in two countries I had 0 issues, within 30 min of connecting back to my Orbi my driver was locked and required a hard boot. 

While I was gone I had Lenovo send me a new7260 which is now installed.  It has been about an hour and so far so good, we'll see if it's still OK in the morning.  If this fails I'll go back 3 or 4 Orbi FW versions and see what happens. 

Unfortunaly Lenovo has a whitelist per laptop and the BIOS doesn't allow anything but a 7260 in the W541 (a huge PITA).

Message 8 of 9
th3w01f
Apprentice

I wanted to update everyone on  my testing.  So far so good with the new AC7260, the old card was obviously working since the only issue was with the Orbi but 4 days with no issues using the new card.  Maybe some component changes on the new card?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7