Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Connection Issue

jjohnson1092
Follower

Internet Connection Issue

I have sucessfully set up the network and connected all of the satellites. However, the Orbi app is telling me the Internet is: Offline in the top right corner and the dot next to the router on the network map is Magenta in color. Yet, I am submitting this while connected to the network and internet.. Some devises like my iPhone and laptop are running, but our Amazon Fire TV is indicating that there is no internet connection. Any insight?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Internet Connection Issue

Just to double check: the Orbi yellow (WAN) port is connected to the internet modem?

What is the specific brand and model of internet modem?

Could you please report the firmware release level on the Orbi router?  (I believe it shows up when you press on the router icon or the "main menu" icon in the upper left and pick ???)

Alas, (as my mother would say, "Bless their little hearts.  They mean well."), Orbi decides it is "connected" by trying to connect to a specific Netgear site and retrieve a small file.  When that fails, for any reason, Orbi reports "DOWN  DOWN  DOWN" and turns the dot magenta.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7