Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Connection issues wired and wifi

hisself
Star

Internet Connection issues wired and wifi

I have two PCs wired through a switch to my Orbi RBR50. In both wired and wifi modes, the PC's show connected to the router, but say No Internet. Simultaneously, all my other devices are connected, or can connect, to the internet through the same router. Also, my desktop, in another room and wired to the RBR50S satellite, connect flawlessly to the internet with a download speed of 220 Mbps.

Why does one work and the other not, even when all are wired?

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Internet Connection issues wired and wifi

Does the wired connection say, "Unknown Network" or "No Internet"?

What happens when you "Troubleshoot" the ethernete connection?

Message 2 of 7
hisself
Star

The wired connection says Connected - no internet.  At the same time, other wired PCs say Internet access.

Message 3 of 7
hisself
Star

I did some troubleshooting and discovered that the ethernet cable was loose at the router. It is working now, but tomorrow I will change the plugs on both ends of the cable. 

I still do not understand why the WiFi connects to my router, but has no Internet. . .

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@hisself wrote:

I have two PCs wired through a switch to my Orbi RBR50. In both wired and wifi modes, the PC's show connected to the router, but say No Internet. Simultaneously, all my other devices are connected, or can connect, to the internet through the same router. Also, my desktop, in another room and wired to the RBR50S satellite, connect flawlessly to the internet with a download speed of 220 Mbps.

Why does one work and the other not, even when all are wired?

Message 5 of 7
hisself
Star

Firmware 2.7.2.104

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Are you using Traffic Meter by chance? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7