Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Offline for RBR20

ginas
Aspirant

Internet Offline for RBR20

Can someone tell me what could be causing the Internet Offline issue? I have an RBR20 Orbi with one satellite. Just started having issues with internet last week after a year and a half. I have rebooted my Spectrum model and Orbi Wirelss Router numberous times. I have worked with Spectrum to make sure everything works correctly with their modem. If I use the Spectrum wireless modem they provided I have no issues. But when I switch to my Orbi we are getting Internet Offline. We have issues reaching apps on our Smart TV and accessing numberous websites.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet Offline for RBR20

Ok, just checking to see if your modem had a built in router or not, it doesn't:

http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2360837~07f40bb37d0d67c6fd10be3e77d72927/E31_2V1%20Data%20Shee...

Power OFF the modem for 30 seconds then back on. While this is happening, press the reset button in back of the Orbi RBR for 15 seconds then release. Use a wired PC and web browser and walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1. This should help you get the RBR connected. 

Be sure to use a good quality LAN cable. Swap out. CAT6 is recommended.

@ginas wrote:
Sorry I just logged into my Spectrum account and found this info on my Modem.

Manufacturer
Ubee
Model
E31U2V1

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Do you get this issue intermittantly? Do you see a purple LED on the RBR20 when this happens?

If the answers are yes to those two questions, then most likely your issue is similar to this: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Another-RBR50-Dropping-Internet-Connection/m-p/1875385/highlig...

Please try the suggested solution in that post. 

Message 2 of 11
ginas
Aspirant

The issue started last week and has been the same since it started. It is not intermittent. The lights on the router and satellite are like normal - they are not purple.I am able to access the apps on a laptop but not on the TV. The wesbite ittes happens on all devices. Orbi shows connected in my app but the Internet says offline.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@ginas wrote:

Can someone tell me what could be causing the Internet Offline issue? I have an RBR20 Orbi with one satellite. Just started having issues with internet last week after a year and a half. I have rebooted my Spectrum model and Orbi Wirelss Router numberous times. I have worked with Spectrum to make sure everything works correctly with their modem. If I use the Spectrum wireless modem they provided I have no issues. But when I switch to my Orbi we are getting Internet Offline. We have issues reaching apps on our Smart TV and accessing numberous websites.

Message 4 of 11
ekhalil
Master

What Spectrum modem/router do you have in front of Orbi?
Message 5 of 11
ginas
Aspirant

It is a PC20 ... is there any other info you need on it?

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

This doesn't seem to match a modem model or Manufacturer name. 

Can you be more specific about the modem model# and it's manufacturer? Or is the Orbi router connected to a wall jack? 

@ginas wrote:

It is a PC20 ... is there any other info you need on it?

Message 7 of 11
Albiston
Aspirant

Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. ...
If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem.

Message 8 of 11
ginas
Aspirant

Manufacturer
Ubee
Model
E31U2V1
Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, just checking to see if your modem had a built in router or not, it doesn't:

http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2360837~07f40bb37d0d67c6fd10be3e77d72927/E31_2V1%20Data%20Shee...

Power OFF the modem for 30 seconds then back on. While this is happening, press the reset button in back of the Orbi RBR for 15 seconds then release. Use a wired PC and web browser and walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1. This should help you get the RBR connected. 

Be sure to use a good quality LAN cable. Swap out. CAT6 is recommended.

@ginas wrote:

Manufacturer
Ubee
Model
E31U2V1

Message 10 of 11
ekhalil
Master

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies