Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet Speed RBR 40

FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

Keep us posted on this.

@kaibab wrote:

I was told to check again in a week to see if the settings had "settled" ..  We chaged the WAN MTU to 1490 instead of 1500

Message 26 of 42
kaibab
Aspirant

its a (AT&T)   ARRIS/PACE  5268AC with WiFi Disabled  100Mbps

RBK50 Router and Satellite

Message 27 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

I would configure for #2. I'ts not enough to just disable the wifi on the modem

@kaibab wrote:

Message 28 of 42
kaibab
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@kaibab wrote:

I am configured as #3 already,

Message 29 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Ah ok. 

Which port are you using on the router to connect to the modem? WAN or LAN? 

@kaibab wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,

@kaibab wrote:

Message 30 of 42
Beatle45
Aspirant

Well a very long day but a productive one. 

You can get a RMA by calling the Orbi support. You go through many hoops to prove you have a defective unit by changing settings, reset it to manufacture settings, and do a lot of talking on the phone I got a RMA to return for a replacement. 3 methods to get new one. 1. Send it in and wait for replacement. 2. Pay for truck delivery but you keep the unit until the new one comes then send it back. 3. Pay higher for next day shipping.

I maybe wrong but I dont think a week is going to make any differance. 

Thank you for eveyone's help 

Message 31 of 42
kaibab
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Ah ok. 

Which port are you using on the router to connect to the modem? WAN or LAN? 

@kaibab wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,

@kaibab wrote:

Its connected to the LAN port.   Yellow Internet on Orbi-Router to LAN connection on back of modem.

Message 32 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Any differences with using the WAN port on the router? 

Message 33 of 42
kaibab
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

No difference.   Always about %50 percent of the hard wired speed.   I can hard wire to to the back of the Orbi router and get close to 100Mbps..  I will get back on the phone with Tech Support and see if I can get a RMA.

Thanks for everyones help

Message 34 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

@kaibab wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

No difference.   Always about %50 percent of the hard wired speed.   I can hard wire to to the back of the Orbi router and get close to 100Mbps..  I will get back on the phone with Tech Support and see if I can get a RMA.

Thanks for everyones help

Message 35 of 42
Beatle45
Aspirant

Update 9-3

Good news Netgear sent me a new Orbi. Just got done hooking up. Bad news no better still only 94mbps. Crap.

Message 36 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Dang it.

Can you try this?

Message 37 of 42
Beatle45
Aspirant

It is already in Router mode.

Message 38 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, but did you try the DMZ for the RBR? 

Message 39 of 42
Beatle45
Aspirant

Update

I did set up the new router that was sent. In talking with Netgear we did 3. things not sure which of the 3 worked but  I went from 94mbpl to 200mbps

Here is what we did. Changed chanel on the 5mh to 48, Dumped the app from my IPad, and reinstalled and finally replace the cord between my modem and router. Only problem now is internet drops out from my Macbook, but nothing else. I guess Orbi keeps one thinking.

Message 40 of 42
Beatle45
Aspirant

Correction we changed it to channel 44 not 48 on the 5Mh

Message 41 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Apple wireless issues:
Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...
I changed the CTR/RTS threshold values for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.  

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7