Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Speed?

LilSnoop40
Aspirant

Internet Speed?

Hello, i have how my Orbi router/satellite combo now for about 6 months or so.  not sure if i like it or what. last week i have updated my internet speed from RCN 150mbps to RCN 330mbps.  i am unable to getting anywhere near that speed from any of my devices, i have even replaced network cards and all.  my friend has the same thing and he is getting over 430mbps and has the same 330mbps plan that i have but he is using the Nighthawk AC1900 which is what i have prior to getting the Orbi.  maybe i have the router setup wrong or something can someone advise, help, suggest something... i am about to run out and get another Nighthawk and hook it up to see if the speed is better.  below is the model i have and the firmware i am running.  i have attached a few screen shots of different settings as well.  if there is anything else you need to help let me know.

Model:  AC3000 Tri-Band Wifi RBK50

Firmware:  V2.0.0.74

Router 4.jpgRouter 1.jpgRouter 2.jpgRouter 3.jpg

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Internet Speed?

First have you tested the speed coming directly from the modem to make sure the speed was actually applied and you are getting that speed? Also have you tried a factory reset on your router if you are getting the right speed?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
LilSnoop40
Aspirant

Yes, speeds from modem direct to laptop fine. Reset router, Saturday I bought the Nighthawk AC2600. Hooked it up tested the speed got max speed 360mbps no issues.
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You could try to factory reset the orbi unit see if that works but if the unit still not getting close to the speeds you may need to contact support.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7