Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet and Wifi disconnects

Taptkeg
Tutor

Internet and Wifi disconnects

Orbi worked great for months, but over the last few weeks it began dropping the wifi connection multiple times throughout the day.  I've updated the firmware, but it did not solve the problem.  I have also disabled the daisy chain because I just have one satellite.

Are there any other suggestions?  How can I diagnose what is causing this problem?

Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
tagteam
Virtuoso

Have you tried the new beta firmware? It was just recently released:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-1-1/m-p/1476960#M19962

Message 2 of 7
Taptkeg
Tutor

No, I haven't.  I'll install it this evening.

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 7
Taptkeg
Tutor

I updated the firmware, but it is still dropping wifi connection a few times throughout the day.  Any ideas on what I should try next?

Message 4 of 7
stagden330
Tutor

I bought a basic Obi plus satellite system and added a subsequent satellite midway through 2017. Until around a few weeks ago, it had been performing well.

Since then, I get multiple (more than 10 WiFi and internet drop outs) over the course of a couple of hours of consistent use. This renders the system almost unusable. 

I also have have a NETGEAR Arlo wireless camera system which, for 2 or 3 months since a separate firmware update drops connection with the cameras. 

Clearly NETGEAR is not sabotaging its wireless networks intentionally, but recent updates have unfortunately rendered both systems ineffective. They must realise what they have done; I’ve been in dialogue with support about Arlo for months now. 

They try to be helpful, but all I really need is a firmware roll back, which they say is not available. 

I’m at something of a loss as to how to move this forward. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the RBK50 with 3 satellites.  Been flawless so far for 6 months.  Even my ring cameras work.  I did the beta firmware update yesterday and all worked well with no problems.  Woke up this morning with the dreaded magenta ring- no internet connection.  Fingers crossed it was an anomaly.

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Update:  I've been lucky and have never had internet disconnects, however after running the latest beta, I've had 2 in the last 24 hours.  Went back to .16 and has been stable.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7