Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet blocage asking router serial

durand2015
Follower

Internet blocage asking router serial

Hi, I'm new here but cannot find any other place to turn to. I have recently purchased a new Orbi RBR20 and for a while I keep receiving the following message :

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

We can help you to recover the router’s admin password. Please complete the information below and click Continue.

Enter the router's Serial Number:
(You can find it on the router product label.)

I don't really want to fill this without knowing the issue. Eventhough I did fill my serial number once and it did go no where.

It does that on my Mac and on my wife's chromebook. Tablets and phones seems ok.

Why is that?

Thanks

Luc

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Internet blocage asking router serial

Fortunately (for you) Netgear provides 90 days of "complimentary support" with an Orbi purchase.  When the product is registered on the Netgear web site, there is a link to contact support.  (I am SO jealous.  My Orbi is two years old and my only options are paying for support or this community forum.)

What web site were you trying to access?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet blocage asking router serial

Be sure to clear out all browser caches if your using a browser. Try a different browser, IE11, Firefox or Opera. 

@durand2015 wrote:

Hi, I'm new here but cannot find any other place to turn to. I have recently purchased a new Orbi RBR20 and for a while I keep receiving the following message :

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

We can help you to recover the router’s admin password. Please complete the information below and click Continue.

Enter the router's Serial Number:
(You can find it on the router product label.)

I don't really want to fill this without knowing the issue. Eventhough I did fill my serial number once and it did go no where.

It does that on my Mac and on my wife's chromebook. Tablets and phones seems ok.

Why is that?

Thanks

Luc

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7