Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet connection disconnect intermittently for sometimes

bryanchuah17
Tutor

Internet connection disconnect intermittently for sometimes

My internet connection disconnect intermittently sometimes. It disconnected for 3 sec and will automatically connect to the internet soon. May I know how to fix this problem as it already been a long time since I first use the mesh wifi on April this year.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet connection disconnect intermittently for sometimes

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@bryanchuah17 wrote:

My internet connection disconnect intermittently sometimes. It disconnected for 3 sec and will automatically connect to the internet soon. May I know how to fix this problem as it already been a long time since I first use the mesh wifi on April this year.

Do you have just the one Orbi router or satellites as well? Is it the WIFI disconnecting or your Internet connection? How is your Orbi router connected to your ISP modem/router?

Message 3 of 6
bryanchuah17
Tutor

I have one router with two satellite. WiFi disconnecting intermittent for sometimes. For example, when I’m watching any movies (it can be surfing website too) with any devices, it will cut off the WiFi connection for few seconds and connect back within 10sec.
Message 4 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@bryanchuah17 wrote:
I have one router with two satellite. WiFi disconnecting intermittent for sometimes. For example, when I’m watching any movies (it can be surfing website too) with any devices, it will cut off the WiFi connection for few seconds and connect back within 10sec.

Who is your ISP and what equipment. (modem, router, ONT), did they provide?
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?
Are your satellites wired or wireless?

Message 5 of 6
bryanchuah17
Tutor

My ISP is Malaysia ISP and they provided modem but the router I brought myself which is Orbi Mesh wifi. Previously I used the ISP provided router which is TP Link Archer C1200 but don’t have this type of internet issue. It only happened after I changed to Orbi.
My current firmware Orbi device is 2.6.2.9.
My device that connected to Orbi router are Apple devices like iPhone and iPad and desktop.
Ques: Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router? Yes, I’m using Orbi given network cable
Are your satellites wired or wireless? Wired with switch but connect router with wireless
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7