Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet connection disconnects at random times on all devices

Internet connection disconnects at random times on all devices

I have had this router/device since mid december 2018. I have activated Disney Cirle (because i need it to control internet time for the kids)

Lately all my computers and phones and tablets suddenly has no internet connection, even if they have no filter, no bed time and no offtime configured for the devices at that time. (both managed devices and unmanaged devices) It seems randomly. And it affects cabled devices also. Ex the set-top box for the tv-channels loose internet connection (streaming youtube etc). 

It happens at random times of the day. If i unplug the Orbi and connect the network cable directly from the ISP, it works like a charm. 

And if i re-connect the orbi, it happens that it might work again, or i have to turn Orbi router off and on again to make it work.

I found out that if i disabed the Disney Circle trough the app i have on my cellphone, it works perfect again. I have never lost the connection again. 

But as soon as i turn Disney Circle on again, it fails again.

How can i fix this? One of the main reasons why i bought this product, was the support for controlling the internet time for my kids, so i hope to solve this problem.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-RBS50-Dropping-Internet-connection-due-to-Circle-by...

@Siberiantiger6 wrote:

I have had this router/device since mid december 2018. I have activated Disney Cirle (because i need it to control internet time for the kids)

Lately all my computers and phones and tablets suddenly has no internet connection, even if they have no filter, no bed time and no offtime configured for the devices at that time. (both managed devices and unmanaged devices) It seems randomly. And it affects cabled devices also. Ex the set-top box for the tv-channels loose internet connection (streaming youtube etc). 

It happens at random times of the day. If i unplug the Orbi and connect the network cable directly from the ISP, it works like a charm. 

And if i re-connect the orbi, it happens that it might work again, or i have to turn Orbi router off and on again to make it work.

I found out that if i disabed the Disney Circle trough the app i have on my cellphone, it works perfect again. I have never lost the connection again. 

But as soon as i turn Disney Circle on again, it fails again.

How can i fix this? One of the main reasons why i bought this product, was the support for controlling the internet time for my kids, so i hope to solve this problem.

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for the fast response 🙂

The Orbi Sattelite is in fact managed under Home devices. I will set it as unmanaged now and reactivate Disney Circle on the app on my cellphone and test this a day or two. I will let you know the result.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope that helps. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Message 5 of 7

I was positive that this was solved, unil a few minutes ago. Every device lost the internet connection. Had to disable the Circle from my app and restart the Orbi router again. Amy suggestions?
Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@Siberiantiger6 wrote:
I was positive that this was solved, unil a few minutes ago. Every device lost the internet connection. Had to disable the Circle from my app and restart the Orbi router again. Amy suggestions?

This can be caused by an issue in the Circle "plugin" in Orbi. Please try to disable Circle in the GUI (under Parental Control), uninstall Circle app in your phone, reboot Orbi, then enable back Circle in the GUI and start setting up Circle again on your phone.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7