Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet goes out every so often. Can I check whether it's my modem or my Orbi setup?

apercele79
Aspirant

Internet goes out every so often. Can I check whether it's my modem or my Orbi setup?

Several times a day, my internet goes out for literally a minute and then works normally as if nothing happened. But it's safe to say that it's super annoying. Am I able to check what the issue is, whether it's my modem or this AC3000 kit?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet goes out every so often. Can I check whether it's my modem or my Orbi setup?

Glad that worked. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet goes out every so often. Can I check whether it's my modem or my Orbi setup?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
apercele79
Aspirant

Thanks for the very detailed reply, it ended up being my modem. I changed it that same day and havent had an issue since.

Thank you again!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that worked. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7