Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Iphone 11 speaker won't work when connected to Orbi??

lilspud1
Follower

Iphone 11 speaker won't work when connected to Orbi??

I am running a Orbi RBK50. I upgraded to an iphone 11 and about 75% of the time when my iphone is connected to Orbi and I make/receive a call I can hear the person perfectly clear but they can not hear me. If I disconnect the call, disconnect from Orbi and call them back, the people can hear me talking. Any idea how to fix this?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Iphone 11 speaker won't work when connected to Orbi??

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Fast Roaming, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Disable Daisy Chain and IPv6. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7