Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is Orbi garbage?

Cdooer
Initiate

Is Orbi garbage?

Ok, so I bought this very expensive Orbi, along with a satellite, and I’ve had nothing but trouble ever since. At least once a day (sometimes 20 times a day), I need to login to the Orbi app, and reboot it. This fixes the problem, at least temporarily. Of course I’ve thrown the boxes out, so I can’t return it, and I’m tempted to just eat the $500 this piece of junk cost. Is anyone actually using this thing without issues?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Is Orbi garbage?

Orbi systems are very reliable if configured properly. The problems are usually user error.
I suggest factory reset and start from the beginning, using the app and following the steps for setup, posted in the manual.
I have an Orbi RBK53 system setup with over 20 devices connected. It is rock solid, covers my large home and delivers fast WIFI speeds. I am in the business and I can assure you Orbi is reliable and good quality and I have installed several systems with no issues.
What ISP modem do you have?
How are you connecting your device?
Message 2 of 4
Cdooer
Initiate

I’m also in the business. The forums are riddled with people having the same issue as me. Random disconnects, and the need to reboot the Orbi. Or, logging into the Orbi web interface and pressing the test button. I’ve adjusted the wan dhcp time, still happening. It’s connected to a TC4400 cable modem.

The setup is extremely simple...not sure what sort of user error could be causing random disconnects.
Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

User error I'm referring to is missing something that could be causing disconnects. All brand WIFI mesh forums are riddled withe same experience you are having. If you are in the networking business you know there is a large list that would cause dropouts. I suggest troubleshooting the entire network starting from the ISP and go from there. There could be collisions causing your problem. Try to find the cause.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7